Valentina- Adoption Pending
Miss Valentina here ( Val for short)! I was posted with the Valentines Day litter in February and all of my sisters have been adopted but I am still looking for my fur-ever home. Foster Mama says she doesn’t get it because I am sooo easy.
She calls me “Miss Independent”. She’s not wrong! – I go to my bed on my own each day to nap in the living room or sleep on the couch with the other dogs in my foster home. I entertain myself with lots of toys and bones and playing with other dogs or just enjoy sitting outside in the milder weather listening to the birds. Sometimes foster mama panics because I am so quiet she can’t find me, but I tell her not to worry, I’m just taking a little nap in my bed curled up in a ball.
I am a SUPER SLEEPER! I sleep all the way through the night in foster mamas bed with 3 other dogs and I make really cute snoring sounds. I am crate trained and love me a peanut butter kong in my crate. Foster mama has a TV set up for me while in my crate so I can catch up on all my shows- the animal station is my favorite! Sometimes when foster mama leaves, she leaves me to roam in the living room for a few hours and watches me on the pet cam. I’m very well behaved and just sleep with the other dogs or play with a bone. I’m still working on potty training but I’m like 75% of the way there!
Born on 12/5/21, I am 4 mos old and just about 28 lbs. I am a very quick learner and VERY treat motivated! I’m not so good with cats though. Hey, we can’t be perfect but foster mama says I’m pretty close to it!
I’m friendly towards all people but will bark at dogs I don’t know initially. Once foster mama says it’s ok to say hello to the dogs, I’m very friendly and like to play!
I REALLY REALLY love my foster brother Jordan- hes 7 mos older than me and also available for adoption through Out of the Pits. He is deaf so I’m his ears and alert him of things and we both enjoy playing together all day and all night, until it’s bed time, then we cuddle up together for the night . We are really hoping a family wants to adopt us both together so we can continue to play and grow up together. But either way, we can’t wait to find our fur-ever homes!
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Any children in the home or visiting regularly should be at least 5 years of age.
- Any current animals in the home must be spayed or neutered.
- We adopt to locations within a 2 hour radius from the Albany NY area (excluding Canada).
- We DO NOT ship dogs. It is important to us that you meet a dog prior to adoption.
- Opposite sex placements only. Exceptions made only when the dog in the adoptive home is a SENIOR for its breed (at our discretion) and the dog being adopted is a puppy.
- Everyone in the home must be in agreement about adding a new dog to the household.
- You must own your home to adopt a puppy. If you rent we will ONLY consider an adult placement (over the age of 2).
- If you rent please verify that your landlord will allow pit bulls (we will check). And renters must have a 1 year rental history at current location.
- If you own, verify that your home owner’s insurance covers the Pit bull breed (if not, we would be happy to give you the name of companies that do not breed discriminate).
- Please verify that your community does not have any breed specific legislation.
Breed: Pit Bull
Age: 10 weeks (DOB 12/5/2021)
Ok with Dogs: Yes