Hey! My name is Rosie. Like Rosie the Riveter, the iconic poster from WW II symbolizing strong women! I’ve overcome a lot in my life but it’s made me stronger.
I am looking for a place to retire. With all I’ve been through, I’d prefer a calm retirement home. I’m not the type to need things to do, I want to relax and finally enjoy life in a home of my own.
You see, my story honestly started out kind of crummy. I came to OOTP several years ago very thin and severely abused. I was covered in cigarette burns (still have the scars to prove it) because I was so scared of people, my foster family adopted me and we lived in harmony with several other dogs. Unfortunately, due to my adopted moms health I was brought back to OOTP.
Now, let me tell you a little about my likes and dislikes. I don’t love crowds, I may not be the same terrified young girl I once was but I am cautious that’s why days of lounging on the couch and being with my people is all I need – retirement at it’s finest! I have never met a dog I didn’t like so if you have a brother for me, I would be totally cool with that! Cats, that’s going to be a no from me, apparently chasing them down is frowned upon in most circles and again I’m trying to retire! If you give me the chance I think I can make a great addition to your family. I think it’s time I put up my feet and nestle into a couch of my own.
“Scars remind us of where we have been, they don’t have to dictate where we are going and I’m only looking forward now”
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Any children in the home or visiting regularly should be at least 5 years of age.
- Any current animals in the home must be spayed or neutered.
- We adopt to locations within a 2 hour radius from the Albany NY area (excluding Canada).
- We DO NOT ship dogs. It is important to us that you meet a dog prior to adoption.
- Opposite sex placements only. Exceptions made only when the dog in the adoptive home is a SENIOR for its breed (at our discretion) and the dog being adopted is a puppy.
- Everyone in the home must be in agreement about adding a new dog to the household.
- You must own your home to adopt a puppy. If you rent we will ONLY consider an adult placement (over the age of 2).
- If you rent please verify that your landlord will allow pit bulls (we will check). And renters must have a 1 year rental history at current location.
- If you own, verify that your home owner’s insurance covers the Pit bull breed (if not, we would be happy to give you the name of companies that do not breed discriminate).
- Please verify that your community does not have any breed specific legislation.
ME AT A GLANCE