Hi, I’m Ozzy! I’m a little more bashful then my brothers. I will zoomie around, play with my brothers or foster fur siblings. My favorite thing to do is sit with my people or sleep.
Cattle dog experience is preferred
**The Australian Cattle dog was designed for the job of herding. To that end they tend to “nip” at your heels as they try to herd you to where they want you to go. Young yelling kids are perfect for herding! These dogs have almost boundless reserves of energy that are almost impossible to drain, and if not regularly exercised, they can swiftly turn to mischievous behavior. They are famously loyal, smart, and alert animals that make great family pets. We wanted to add this to these dogs as it’s important to really understand the breed you are applying for.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Any children in the home or visiting regularly should be at least 5 years of age.
- Any current animals in the home must be spayed or neutered.
- We adopt to locations within a 2 hour radius from the Albany NY area (excluding Canada).
- We DO NOT ship dogs. It is important to us that you meet a dog prior to adoption.
- Opposite sex placements only. Exceptions made only when the dog in the adoptive home is a SENIOR for its breed (at our discretion) and the dog being adopted is a puppy.
- Everyone in the home must be in agreement about adding a new dog to the household.
- You must own your home to adopt a puppy. If you rent we will ONLY consider an adult placement (over the age of 2).
- If you rent please verify that your landlord will allow pit bulls (we will check). And renters must have a 1 year rental history at current location.
- If you own, verify that your home owner’s insurance covers the Pit bull breed (if not, we would be happy to give you the name of companies that do not breed discriminate).
- Please verify that your community does not have any breed specific legislation.
ME AT A GLANCE