• WE ARE EXPERIENCING SOME TECHNICAL PROBLEMS. IF YOU SUBMIT AN APPLICATION AND RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL, PLEASE FORWARD THAT EMAIL TO: Adoptions@outofthepits.org
• Fill out our adoption application online. Please do not leave anything out. We will not respond to incomplete applications.
• Once your application is received we will email you to arrange a time to speak with you on the phone. We can then talk more about your application, our process, the dogs we currently have available and what might fit best into your home.
• We call your references and call your vet to verify all current animals are altered and vaccinated. Please call your vet office and ask them to note your file that it is OK to speak with us about your pets.
• Once we have spoken with you and verified your references we will then schedule your home visit. We are not looking for beauty, just a safe environment for a dog.
• If approved to adopt you will be required to sign our legally binding adoption contract. You can view our adoption contract by clicking here. We recommend reviewing the contract prior to adoption and if you are not agreeable to all parts of our adoption contract, please do not apply.
• Our adoption fee (due at time of adoption) is $300 for puppies under 6 months of age / For dogs over 6 months of age the fee varies. Please see the individual pet listing for the adoption fee of the dog you are interested in adopting. * We also have special adoption prices for Seniors adopting Seniors (over 7) and discounts for veterans adopting adult dogs (over the age of 2). ** Adoption fees are not refundable.
Now’s your chance to make a difference and save the lives of homeless Pitbulls. Your generous donation helps provide shelter, food, and medical care to hundreds of Pitbulls who enter our shelters each year.